Friday, January 10, 2014

Thai Lemon Shrimp

During a foggy weekday afternoon over the holidays my good friend Valorie and I decided to have a movie day and make a fabulous lunch.  Somehow someway my friend Valorie has never had Thai food, so I insisted I make her some.  As you may know many Thai recipes can be very time consuming especially the amazing soups (my favorite to make) so I chose a simple, healthy and surprisingly delicious recipe from the Closet Cooking Blog.  If you haven't ever checked this blog out you must, so many good and different recipes to try.  I ended up pairing this recipe with some soba noodles and I should have added a vegetable to it too.  Also today is Valorie's birthday so here is a special shout out for her, Happy Birthday Val!  Enjoy!

Serves 4

The Ingredients
1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 lime zest
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

The Process
1.)  Marinate the shrimp in the sweet chili sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, lime zest, chili sauce, fish sauce, garlic and sugar for 10 or more minutes.
2.)  Heat a pan over medium heat.
3.)  Add the shrimp along with the marinade and the coconut milk and simmer until the shrimp are cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
4.)  Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment