Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sticky Honey & Tamari Pork Chops

I am about to turn 30 and I don't feel any different, often people seem to dread this birthday but to me it feels just like all the other ones.  I can't imagine that my mind or body are going to dramatically change...although there are a couple things in my life that could use a little change.  In other news this week my boyfriend and I are taking a long weekend and heading up to the White Salmon Inn for a romantic getaway to celebrate my 30th birthday.  This includes a 4 hour wine tour where they provide lunch and drive us to each location, I'm excited to say the least.  We are also going to check out the quaint town of White Salmon and visit these places: Feast Market & Delicatessen, Everybody's Brewing, and possibly Henni's Kitchen & Bar.  I haven't ever actually spent time in White Salmon because I have family that lives across the Columbia River in Hood River, which is an awesome little town.  I'm sure it will be an eventful and lovely weekend, definitely a good way to bring on my 30's.  I adapted this recipe last week, mine didn't turn out as sticky but it was still delightful.

Serves 4

The Ingredients
4 thick pork chops
¾ cup tamari
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 chili, finely chopped (seeds removed if needed)
juice of 1 lemon
 
The Process
1.  To make the pork chops, combine the tamari, honey, ginger, garlic, chili & lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
 
2.  Place the pork chops in a ziploc bag and pour over the sauce. Close the bag and allow to marinade for 20 minutes up to 2 hours.
 
3.  When you are ready to cook the chops, heat a pan over high heat and fry the chops, basting with the sauce until cooked through and sticky.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment