Friday, August 14, 2015

Tiger Salad with Steak

Work has been so crazy I've barely even had time to take my lunches let alone blog during them.  My company hosts 3 conferences a year and 2 of them are just around the corner, one of which I will be leaving for at the end of this month.  We are all headed to Florida for this conference and there is so much prep work that goes into it, so I don't see my work life slowing down until we leave for Europe.  My garden is finally starting to produce too which makes me very happy, I hope that I don't miss a bunch of the tomatoes while I am away on my trips...but I guess that is just life.  This weekend should be a blast, we are headed to a wedding down in Silver Falls, OR and I just adore the people getting married.  I have known the bride since middle school and she is one of my older brother's best friends so there will be a ton of guests that I know and like which is always a plus!  This week is Burger Week in Portland and there are about 31 restaurants participating this year.  Here is a link to each burger and what restaurant they are at, burger week is just too fun.  I adapted this recipe a couple nights ago and it was the perfect meal for the hot and sticky weather we are having here in PDX.  Happy Friday and enjoy!


Serves 4

The Ingredients
4 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon garlic chili paste
1 bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems, cut into 2 inches pieces
6 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
6 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Steak I used this recipe for the marinade (optional)


The Process
1.  Whisk vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, and chili past in a large bowl. Add cilantro, celery, cucumbers, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.

2.  Cook meat to preference and serve over the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment