Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Roasted Broccolini with Tahini Yogurt and Charred Lemons

Well here we are, we have made it half way through the week already!  As usual I can't wait for the weekend and this weekend we have especially fun plans because it is my finance's birthday on Friday!  Friday night we are going out to a birthday dinner with his mom at a restaurant I've never been to called Yuzu.  Yuzu specializes in ramen and small plates and they have good reviews on Yelp.  I want to eat everything of course but one thing I've never had is Motsumi (stewed stomach) and I have heard it is delicious so that just might be what I end up ordering.  Plus as you all know I am a very adventurous eater so I often feel like menus are a challenge and I have to eat the weirdest thing on it!  Then on Saturday we are headed out of town up to Centralia, WA and we are staying at the Olympic Club Hotel & Theater.  I haven't ever been to this area of Washington and can't wait to explore and vintage shop, hike, go bowling, and maybe even see a movie.  Now let's talk food, I adapted this recipe and it was a very filling and delicious vegetarian meal.

Serves 4

The Ingredients
1 lemon, cut into 4 ¼ inch rounds (reserve the rest)
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 big handfuls of broccolini
½ teaspoon chili flakes
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 garlic clove, pressed
A pinch of sea salt



The Process
1.  Preheat your oven to broil. Set the oven rack in the top ⅓ of the oven.

2.  Place the broccolini on a rimmed baking sheet, making sure not to crowd the pan. Drizzle the oil over top, concentrating on the florets. Lay the lemon slices on the baking sheet and sprinkle the chili flakes and sea salt over top of everything.

3.  Broil for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, or until the broccolini florets are crispy, and many are charred.

4.  While the broccolini is in the oven, prepare the tahini yogurt sauce. In a small bowl mix the yogurt, tahini, maple syrup, garlic and sea salt.

5.  Spread the broccolini out on a serving dish. Top with the roasted broccolini with tahini yogurt sauce.  Then squeeze the juice from the charred lemons over the broccolini then serve immediately with the reserved lemon on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment