Sunday, March 7, 2010

Green Bean and Radish Salad

I find myself always looking for new ways to make green beans, as they are one of my favorite vegetables.  And I insist on eating radishes as well even though after consumption I burp radish flavor for hours (hope I didn't just ruin your appetite).  This is a very simple recipe that pretty much goes with anything.  Also while it is a hot salad I think it would be perfect for a hot summer night.









Adapted from Serious Eats.
Serves 2-3 as a side dish.



Ingredients
2 cups or 1/3 of the bag of Trader Joe's frozen haricot verts (green beans or any frozen green beans)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound radishes, stem removed and quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper

The Process
1.  Steam green beans about 4 minutes or until al dente (firm), then rinse in cold cold water.


2. Pour oil into skillet and turn the heat to medium.  When hot add radishes, green beans, garlic, and chili flakes to skillet.  Cook about 5 minutes.

3.  Season with salt and pepper

Picture from: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/02/green-bean-and-radish-salad-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment