Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Paleo BBQ Sauce

I came across this recipe after much research and attention to specific ingredient combinations.  When I took the store bought BBQ sauce out of our fridge to look at the ingredients I was very surprised at how much sugar it contained, along with a massive amount of corn syrup.  I had figured it was kind of like ketchup but was still stunned.  This recipe blew me away, it is so flavorful and still sweet.  My favorite ingredient is the apple cider vinegar because not only am I obsessed with it I actually love the taste of it (I know a lot of people that don't).  I have made this sauce a couple times now, once for chicken and in the case for fabulous pork ribs.  Enjoy!

Makes 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients
16 oz tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

The Process
1. Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and stir to combine. Taste and adjust any seasonings to your liking. Bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 hour.

3. Pour that stuff on some meat and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment