Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lemon Cilantro Rice

This recipe also came from Closet Cooking which I mentioned in my previous blog.  Though instead of lemon, the original recipe calls for lime.  I used lemon because it is what I had and because I used lemon in the Tandoori Chicken.  This rice is super simple, it is pretty much pilaf with a little extra, and it was a perfect side dish to balance out the spiciness of the Tandoori Chicken.

Adapted from Closet Cooking
Serves 4

 The Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup brown basmati rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 hand full of cilantro, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced

The Process
1.  Heat oil on medium heat in saucepan.  When hot add onions, cook for 5 minutes.

2.  Add garlic to saucepan and cook for 2 more minutes.  Next add the dry rice to the saucepan and toast the rice for about 3 minutes.

3.  Add water to saucepan and bring to a boil.  Then cover and reduce for about 40 minutes or until rice is done.

4.  When rice is done add the cilantro and lemon juice and stir well. (note: I also added soy sauce after, very good).

So like I said a nice and simple rice and flavor to compliment the Tandoori Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment