Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

I made this wonderful appetizer for thanksgiving, because I mean more food is always better right? :)  I liked this recipe I found because it was one of the only simple recipes....no expensive sea food stuffing or sausage involved.  I made these, since I am still not the host of the family thanksgiving I don't get to make many decisions on what we make for dinner, I usually just have to help prepare what is being made.  Not saying I don't love the meal every year...it's just hard cause this year I was looking up all these new recipes that sounded sooo good and I didn't get to make any of them...so here was my simple and easy contribution to thanksgiving dinner.  Well I did help prepare the green beans too...but you know....COME ON!

Makes 28 mushrooms
Adapted from Giada

The Ingredients
1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Asagio cheese, finely grated
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
28 large white mushrooms, stemmed
Salt and Pepper to taste

The Process
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2.  Stir together in medium bowl: bread crumbs, Asagio cheese, garlic, parsley, mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.

3.  Pull stems out of mushrooms and scoop filling into each mushroom.

4.  Spray cookie sheet with oil and put mushrooms on it and put in oven.

5.  Bake for 25 minutes or until tops get golden brown.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment