Friday, May 13, 2011

Chicken Adobo

I realize I haven't written a blog post in a little while, it is not that I haven't been cooking, it is that I have been making simple things, or things that I have already posted, or I have forgotten to take pictures....but I remembered this time!  This recipe is one that I made up after looking at several recipes and techniques for making and cooking chicken adobo.  All the recipes I did look at seemed to lack one thing or another and I like dimensions to my food.  I made this as part of a yummy feast that my two friends and I created.  One of my friends made two Vietnamese dishes: shrimp toast, and pork pastries which were to die for!  My other friend so kindly made awesome strawberry lemonades and brought brownies, this was an indulgent night to say the least!  I was planning on making roasted broccoli to accompany this meal but when it came down to it we all decided we had way too much food already....so everything we ate was golden brown!  Pretty funny, awesome, and rare.  So here is the recipe for chicken adobo that I made:

Serves 4


The Ingredients
Chicken thighs(boneless/skinless), about 3 pounds (fat trimmed)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 small yellow onion, chopped
5 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper

The Process
1.  In a large tuber-ware mix apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, 3 tablespoons honey, paprika, and pepper.  Add chicken and let marinate overnight in fridge (about 12 hours).

2.  When ready to cook heat up oven to 425 degrees and take chicken out of fridge to let it warm up.

3.  When oven is preheated put chicken in a greased glass baking dish, make sure the chicken is spread out in one single layer so it can cook evenly.  Then take marinade and pour over all the chicken.

4.  Put chicken in oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through, and take out of oven.

5.  Pour marinade out of glass dish into a small saucepan and bring to a boil then turn down to slow simmer.  While making this sauce make sure the chicken is somewhere where it will stay warm for 15 minutes.

6.  While sauce is simmering add the last 2 tablespoons of honey and the tablespoon of brown sugar.  Simmer for 15 minutes.

7.  Put chicken on a serving platter and slowly pour sauce over chicken and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment