Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce

This adapted recipe was another one from our lovely Valentines day meal, I must say we ate like kings.  Not only was the sauce delightful I cooked the filets absolutely perfectly, and I personally like beef to be rare and they were juicy and very pink.  As for the sauce, like I said it was tasty but of course (it being french) was full of butter so once again this would technically be a fat kid recipe.  As a recent development in my media life I have finally given into and opened an account in Pinterest...am I doomed?  Will I ever do anything productive ever again in my life?  Between all of the different entertaining medias on the internet these days I find myself more and more bored with doing one thing at a time, I am now addicted to multitasking.  Not sure if that is a bad thing but I do know my eyes and posture are suffering from this computer addiction...oh well.  As our veggie my lovely man made another French dish Asparagus with Creamy Mushroom and Tarragon Sauce which was also damn good!  On with the yummy food!

Serves 2

The Ingredients
2 filet mignon steaks, about 4 ounces each
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup shallot, chopped
1 large tablespoon capers, drained
2/3 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped

The Process
1.  In a heavy and large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.

2.  Rub each side of the steaks with salt and pepper.  Then add to skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare.  Then put steaks on a plate and keep warm, foil tents can help with this, or put a lid over the plate.

3.  In same pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.  Add shallots and cook for about 1 minutes.

4.  Then add wine, capers, and mustard to pan.  Simmer for about 2 minutes or until slight thickened.

5.  Then stir in parsley and turn stove to medium-low and whisk in last 2 tablespoons of butter.  Season with salt and pepper and serve spooned over steaks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment