2 filet mignon steaks, about 4 ounces each
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup shallot, chopped
1 large tablespoon capers, drained
2/3 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a heavy and large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
2. Rub each side of the steaks with salt and pepper. Then add to skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Then put steaks on a plate and keep warm, foil tents can help with this, or put a lid over the plate.
3. In same pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for about 1 minutes.
4. Then add wine, capers, and mustard to pan. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until slight thickened.
5. Then stir in parsley and turn stove to medium-low and whisk in last 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve spooned over steaks.