Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lemon Asparagus Salad

In an attempt to change things up I came across this recipe for a lovely lemon dressing for a cold asparagus salad.  I feel like every time I have asparagus my automatic response is to roast it, and don't get me wrong I LOVE roasted asparagus but sometimes I just need different flavors and textures.  I made this salad to go with a lovely roasted chicken that my parents made and it was a very nice combination.  On another note I am looking for good beef tartare recipes.  This is a dish that I have been curious about and really want to make, but I want to make sure to have a really good recipe so that I don't create a half-ass version of beef tartare.  So if you like beef tartare you will be getting a recipe from me in the next couple weeks!

Serves 3

The Ingredients
1 bunch of asparagus, with bottoms snapped off
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt


The Process
1.  In a medium salad bowl mix together oil, lemon juice, green onions, Dijon mustard, sugar, and salt.  Whisk well with a spoon and set aside.

2.  Blanch asparagus the same way as I did in my Cold Sesame Asparagus Salad.

3.  Then add the asparagus to the salad bowl with dressing.  Mix well and store in fridge until ready to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment