1 pound thinly sliced beef
2 bunches of scallions
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients and set aside.
2. Trim all but a couple scallions to 6 inch pieces. Then take all of them, rinse them and wrap in a paper towel and put them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Next take your beef and you can cut it according to your preferred size, my strips were about 3 x 6 inches. Take beef and steamed 6 inch pieces of scallions and put a little at the end of each meat piece so that when you roll it up the scallions are in the center.
4. When all beef rolls are ready then tie each with the one of the several long scallions that you kept aside, make sure they are tied tight.
5. Next place rolls in the marinade and put in fridge for about an hour to let soak. Make sure to turn the rolls if needed.
6. When done marinating heat up a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. When hot add the steak rolls and cook about 4 minutes on each side for rare, cook longer if you prefer.
7. While these rolls are cooking add the left over marinade to a saucepan and bring it to a boil and then simmer it for about 5 minutes.
8. Serve steak rolls with sauce drizzled over them.