2 14oz cans of diced tomatoes with juice
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil (about 1 tablespoon) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
2. Then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next add the red pepper and cook mixture for 7 minutes.
3. Then add tomato paste, tomatoes, spices, and sugar (no salt and pepper yet). Then let simmer over medium heat for 7 minutes.
4. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Next crack eggs one at a time over the mixture so that they all are spread out, around the edge of the pan and then one in the middle. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, if you want over easy simmer for less time.
5. When done simmering sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.