Friday, August 10, 2012

Cod and Goat Cheese Tacos with Sweet Slaw

I love cooking with my mom we always try new things or we get creative with what is in the refrigerator, this evening we got creative and it turned out super delicious.  In other news my mother and I are also preparing for Pickle Fest 2012.  Pickle Fest is when we make 40lbs of pickles, we have been doing it for years because pickles are just so wonderful!  It is a secret recipe that my mother obtained after years of making these pickles with her neighbor and it is secret for a reason, because it may be one of the best spicy dill pickle recipes ever.  My family, boyfriend, and I are also preparing for a fun camping trip that we leave for on Sunday.  Since I was a child my family and I have been going to Timothy Lake and camping there for a week, I look forward to it every summer.  Because of work schedules and such my boyfriend and I are only able to go for a couple nights, but it will be a blast! Please enjoy these wonderful fish tacos created by my mother and I.

Serves 2

The Ingredients
1/2 pound cod, about 1 inch thick
2 cups of green cabbage, shredded
2 oz herb goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 yellow or red onion, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1 carrot grated
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 garlic powder
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 black pepper
4 corn tortillas
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon agave
1 tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
Lime wedges for serving

The Process
1.  In a small bowl mix together the apple cider vinegar and agave and set aside.

2.  In a medium bowl mix together cabbage, carrot, onion, cilantro, and tomato.  Then add the vinegar/agave mixture and toss well.  Salt and pepper to taste.

3.  In a shallow bowl mix flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Then take the cod piece and coat it in the flour mixture. 

4.  Heat and oil a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, when hot add the cod to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.

5.  To assemble tacos start with fish on tortilla, then add goat cheese, then sweet slaw, and you can top the tacos with hot sauce like I did. 

These tacos are on the healthier side but I don't have the nutritional facts for them because I created the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment