Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Roasted Yams

I love cooking in the Fall because of all the amazing veggies, winter squashes and potatoes. Recently my boyfriend and I made an amazing dinner with two of our very good friends who are about to move far far away. Jim brought over a very tasty Italian style Kobe beef brisket, so I decided to make kale and roasted yams to accompany it. I make roasted yams often and I make them a different way almost every time, but this time I decided I need to stick with the recipe I created because of how delicious they turned out. This recipe is healthy and easy to make.

Serves 5

The Ingredients
3 large yams, peeled and cut into bit size chunks
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/8 cup brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons olive oil (add more if needed to fully coat yam chunks)
Salt and pepper to taste


The Process
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large sheet pan (cookie sheet).

2.) In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients until yams chunks are thoroughly coated.

3.) Spread yams out in a single layer on the sheet pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until yams are brown and almost burnt (roasted).

No comments:

Post a Comment