Thursday, May 29, 2014

Apple Cider Vinegar Pork Chops

Another wonderful paleo meal and probably the simplest dish ever to cook.  As I'm sure you all have noticed I'm a bit obsessed with apple cider vinegar, it's not just the flavor that entices me it is also all of the health benefits.  I personally get Braggs most of the time and if that isn't available I go for the organic and unfiltered bottle, it truly makes a difference in the flavor.  In addition to this meal I steamed broccoli in broth and made my Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes (I have yet to share this recipe).  All in all a filling and delicious meal, enjoy.

Serves 2

The Ingredients
2 medium sized pork chops (bone in)
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

The Process
1.)  Heat olive oil up in a skillet over medium high heat.  In the mean time season the pork chops with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.

2.)  Sear pork chops 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.  Add the apple cider vinegar and chicken stock and scrape up the bits of food off the bottom of the pan. 

3.)  Cover the skillet loosely with foil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through.  Serve the pan gravy over the pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment