Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shami Kebab

Last night I made an awesome new Pakistani dish which made me realize I haven't ever eaten or made Pakistani food, it was delicious!  I'm excited for this weekend, not only is the family getting together and celebrating my mom's birthday but on Saturday night I am attending a "friendsgiving." This is a Thanksgiving with friends and I look forward to it every year because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I get to celebrate it twice!  This year I am going to make Brussels Sprouts with Shallot and Salt Pork, here is the recipe.  I made this dish with saffron rice and a parsley onion salad. I slightly adapted this recipe.  Enjoy.


Serves 3

The Ingredients

1 lb ground beef

1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped

4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped

1 inch ginger, roughly chopped

1 serrano pepper, roughly chopped

1 tbs bacon fat

1 tsp Fine Sea Salt


2 tbs Almond Flour

small handful cilantro, chopped

1 egg


The Process

1.  Blend onion, serrano pepper, ginger, garlic and 1 tbs water in a food processor - blend until it forms a watery paste.

2.  Add 1 tbs ghee to a saute pan on medium heat and cook the onion mixture, stirring occasionally, until it begins to turn golden brown - this will take about 15 mins.

3.  Add spices and stir-fry for a minute then add the ground meat.  Once the ground meat has browned, allow it to cool.

4.  Put the cooled meat in the food processor to mince the meat.

5.  Then put minced meat, cilantro, almond flour and egg into a bowl and mix well - shape into patties. Refrigerate patties for an hour or until you are ready to shallow fry.

6.  Shallow fry the patties with the bacon fat in a cast iron skillet until golden brown, using a fork to gently flip them over to cook both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment