Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Vegetable Crust Primal Pizza

In honor of national pizza day yesterday I went to Atlas Pizza and had a big slice of margarita pizza with one of my good old buddies.  Atlas Pizza is great because they have affordable pizza, great atmosphere, and a bar.  These days in PDX there are too many fancy fire roasted pizza places, all I want is good cheap pizza that has creative ingredients.  In my last post I was talking about the soup dumplings I had during dumpling week, well I just found this awesome recipe for them and wanted to share it with you all, I also hope to make them soon!  This week I am taking it easy, trying to just stay home and relax because the last several weeks have been non-stop activity.  I did make one exception though, Thursday night is my younger brother's show (Wild Ones) at the new Revolution Hall, I am excited to experience the new venue and I always love watching my brother's band because they are so good.  You should check them out too!  Onto the food, last week one of my best friend's and I decided to make this delicious pizza, because it is an involved process I am just going to link you to the original recipe and you can follow her thorough instructions.  But before I do I will tell you how we adapted it, we used half broccoli and half cauliflower for the crust instead of all cauliflower and it was very tasty.  As for toppings we had artichoke hearts, 3 kinds of cheese including honey goat cheese, prosciutto, salami, kale, and caramelized onions.  Make this pizza recipe and eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment