Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Buffalo Style Pork Chops

Last post I was talking about how we were headed to the restaurant Lincoln for a fancy date, well we also ended up meeting Jenn Louis (the chef/owner) and she gave us a complimentary and delicious appetizer (pictured below).  It was scallops, cured salmon, quince, and cauliflower puree and was absolutely delightful.  The other dishes we had (pictured below) were short rib tartare, pork three ways with beans, roasted chicken with shoestring fries, and a vinegary endive salad.  The atmosphere was very nice with large windows, dim lights (in a good way), and awesome music, they played a variety of hip hop including Tupac.  All around our experience was very good and we would recommend checking this place out if you haven't already.  Tonight I am adventuring out to the new restaurant called Rose VL Deli, it was recently opened by the owners of Ha VL which I can't believe I still haven't been too.  I am headed here with my brothers tonight for a long overdue hangout, it sure is hard to create a solid plan with three very diverse schedules.  Now let's talk food, well food that I cooked not that I ate at a restaurant.  I adapted this recipe and made these delicious pork chops which are low carb and follow the primal idea of eating and I paired them with vinegar braised purple kale.  Enjoy!  I might add that my fiance told me I think a total of six times how much he enjoyed these pork chops :)



Serves 2

The Ingredients
2 thick boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
Salt and pepper


The Process
1.  Preheat oven to broil.  Salt and pepper the pork chops.  Heat up olive oil and butter in skillet over medium-high heat until hot and add the pork chops.

2.  Sear the first side until golden brown then turn over and put 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce on each pork chop.  When the other side is also brown flip them again and turn heat down to medium.

3.  Put another 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce on each pork chop and continue to let cook until they are fully cooked through, about 5 more minutes.

4.  Now put the pork chops in a pan and sprinkle with sharp cheddar.  But in oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Top with the remaining hot sauce and serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment