Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Cheesy Garlic Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze

I know this sounds like an odd recipe and I often don't like cooking with sugar, but trust me this is super delicious!  I adapted this recipe and paired it with simple oven roasted broccoli tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.  I haven't blogged in an entire week so where do I start?!  Oh yeah, last week I was pretty sick therefore I wasn't very active in the kitchen or online.  Luckily I started feeling better Friday and had a lovely girl date with my two best friends and we BBQ-ed and enjoyed many memories including our love for the 10 Things I Hate About You soundtrack.  Saturday consisted of gardening and preparing our large bed for seeds and starts.  I purchased sweet Walla Walla onion starts this year, I've never grown onions but it looks like fun.  Saturday night we went to my older brother's improv show at University of Portland and then had a relaxing night.  Sunday was one of our good friend's birthdays so we celebrated by eating tasty homemade lasagna and playing darts and boccie ball.  Sunday I also volunteered to help my boyfriend with a community work event he assisted with.  It was an Easter candy hunt for kids 1-12 yrs old, it was pretty adorable and it was a beautiful sunny day.  This week I have a lot going on at work and I started my accounting class so I am keeping it low key and staying home and cooking every night, plus now I have homework due on Sunday!  It's been so long since I've had homework, it definitely feels strange.

Serves 4

The Ingredients
4 — 5 oz boneless, thin pork chops
2 Tbsp garlic, pressed
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp paprika
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste


The Process
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Rub both sides of the pork chops with garlic and brown sugar. Place in square baking dish.

3.  Drizzle butter over top. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.

4.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees.

5.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another five minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment