Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Benihana Salad Dressing

You heard me right! If any of you have ever been to Benihana's (the restaurant), all of their meals come with a side salad that has this absolutely amazing dressing!  I searched the internet far and wide and this ingredient combination seem to come up the most.  I did make the dressing and while it is really really good, I am not convinced that it is the same as the restaurant's.  It is hard to tell because I have not been to Benihana's in years, so I guess that means I need to go again soon.....anyone want to join???  Oh and as far as healthy goes for this recipe....I would say not very healthy because of the 1/2 cup peanut oil, but at the same time moderation is the key word to staying healthy....so take it or leave it.

Makes 1 3/4 cups dressing
From somewhere in the crazy web

The Ingredients
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced celery
2 tablespoons ketchup
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

The Process
1.  Combine all ingredients in a blender, make sure all ginger is well pureed.

Picture from: http://thefoodaddicts.com/asian-salad-dressing-is-super-simple/

No comments:

Post a Comment