Saturday, January 22, 2011

Panko Parmesan Chicken

I love making food like this because while it is super easy to make it is also super tasty.  I invited my friend Erin over for dinner and decided I wanted to make something that seemed slightly fancy.  I hadn't seen this friend in quite a while and we had a ton to catch up on so of course while cooking we popped open a bottle of lovely red wine and went to town, she was a great prep cook too:)  I also steamed an artichoke to go with this meal and I made a yellow split pea side dish which I will post next.  This recipe is also by yours truly.


Serves 3

The Ingredients
8 chicken tenders
1 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 egg

The Process
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease cookie sheet.

2.  In mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well, then pour out onto plate to put chicken in.

3.  Beat egg in a bowl for dipping the chicken.

4.  Take chicken tenders dip them in the egg and then roll in panko mixture and place on cookie sheet.

5.  Bake for about 12-15 minutes, turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment