Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New York Steaks with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce

Two things that I have been doing a lot of lately writing papers and cooking/eating very well.  Who doesn't want to eat well? Especially when you have to stay focused on school and not go frolic in the sun with friends and make trouble...this is hard for me so I cook.  Mid-Monday work day my lovely friend Serenity commented on this lame Lil' Wayne quote I posted "and if you got beef I turn into a tender loin" she said she had two New York Steaks for us.  At that point on I couldn't study any longer, all I could do was research fancy ways to make steaks.  We settled on a simple yet delicious sounding Gorgonzola cream sauce....need I say more.  We accompanied the meal with avocado slices and roasted asparagus.

Serves 2
Adapted from The Family Kitchen

The Ingredients
2 New York Steaks about 1 inch thick
1/3 Worcestershire Sauce
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream (light)
1 tablespoon half n half
4 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil

The Process
1.  Marinate steaks in Worcestershire, salt and pepper, and 2 cloves garlic (pressed) for about 15 minutes.


2.  In the meantime whisk together 2 cloves garlic (pressed), mayonnaise, sour cream, half n half, Gorgonzola cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.  Set aside in fridge.

3.  Heat skillet over medium/high heat, add some olive oil and when hot add steaks to pan.  Cook for about 45 seconds on each side and quickly remove because steaks will continue to cook.

4.  Let steaks rest for about 5 minutes then add as much Gorgonzola cream sauce as you want.

I will say that while once again this is a "fat kid recipe" it feels good to eat meat and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment