Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Turmeric Pork

Pork chops or pork loin are often a part of my weekly meat intake and I always steam/fry them in broth or bake them...and while these two methods are bold and tasty I do love to try new recipes and change it up.  I was a little weary of the recipe I adapted from Eating Pleasure because it seemed very simplistic and I also know how strong of a spice turmeric is.  But paired with a side of sauteed yellow onions and mushrooms, and grilled zucchini a wonderfully flavorful balance was found.

Serves 3

The Ingredients
3 medium pork chops (pork loin chunks), thinly sliced
2 tablespoons sesame oil
5 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Olive oil (for pan)

The Process
1.  In medium bowl mix together sesame oil, soy sauce, turmeric, and pepper.  Add sliced pork chops and let marinate at least 20 minutes.

2.  When done marinating put medium skillet on stove over medium-high heat.  Add olive oil to pan and let heat up.  Then add pork and marinade and cook for about 6 minutes, or until done. Enjoy!

I will mention that when I make this recipe again I will try adding some crushed garlic to add a more complex flavor to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment