Monday, September 19, 2011

Beef Jerky (round #1)

That is right, I have begun preserving foods which really only feels natural in the Fall of the year...not to mention I love beef so yes I want to eat jerky all day every day.  Recently my father got two electric smokers from a friend and I was determined to have us make jerky.  I learned how to make jerky and smoke fish one summer when I worked at a camp on Mt. Hood and have been wanting to get my own smoker since.  So this was the 1st round in several years and it turned out pretty darn good.  I will say that in the future we will cut the pieces of meat smaller because they took FOREVER to smoke and they still aren't fully jerky-ized.  The brine we made was a secret recipe from one of my father's friends so this post can't reveal the secret process.  But here are some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment