Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cucumber Salad

and so much more! Cucumbers are merely just part of this lovely fresh and simple summer salad.  While doing some end of the summer SERIOUS cleaning and purging of things I found this old recipe that I had printed and I sat there and read all the ingredients and at first I thought to myself this is so simple why did I feel the need to print it?  Then I decided to not question my reasoning and just make it as part of a light and healthy dinner on a 99 degree day.  So from the endless stacks of printed recipes in my life here is an old but new recipe, not even sure where it came from.

Serves 3

The Ingredients
2 small cucumbers, pealed and sliced into half moons
1 large avocado, diced
1 large cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 generous tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

The Process
1.  In medium bowl combine everything and toss well.  Keep in fridge if not serving immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment