Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cauliflower Muffins

With my new Paleo diet I have been looking for alternatives to bread and this adapted recipe really hit the spot.  I served these muffins with Shakshuka and it was an absolutely delicious meal.  The Paleo diet is definitely ideal for me because I love meat, but once in a while it feels good to have a meatless meal that is just as filling.  I have found a lot of great Paleo recipes that have continued to impress me and are often better than regular recipes.  I have found it hard to not use A1 sauce and Worcestershire sauce because they are both staples when it comes to marinating beef, as for other sauces I do use tamari even though some people say it isn't paleo.  In general I am still enjoying this Paleo adventure but sure do miss pizza.


Makes 12 muffins

The Ingredients
2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (about one small head)
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

The Process
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Mix everything in a mixing bowl until it forms a dough.

3. Fill regular size muffin tins until full.

4. Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment