Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ricotta Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Along with Primal eating and no drinking January I am also trying another detox challenge, the 21 day lemon water challenge.  It supposedly gives you nicer skin but I am more interested in the detox, metabolism boost, and digestion aid.  Here is the link, and I will definitely keep you updated as to how it makes me feel.  This is my first week back the to gym full time since mid December and today I can barely walk.  My weekly workout routine consists of: Monday- cardio kickboxing class (sometimes followed up by a cycling class); Tuesday- 1/2 hour Zumba and lift class; Wednesday- 20min of cycling and Zumba class; Thursday- 1/2 hour Zumba and lift class; Friday- cardio kickboxing.  I usually get in 4-5 days a week depending on how busy I am.  I am also excited because my boyfriend is finally joining my gym which is even more motivation to go workout :)  I'm sure lots of you are also on some sort of new year get healthy kick, so I hope I help motivate whether it is working out to eat all the yummy things or eating healthy most of the time.  Also sorry for the repeat picture...boring.

Serves 4

The Ingredients

2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered

4 cloves garlic, peeled

2 teaspoons salt

1 1/2 cup fresh ricotta

1/2 cup milk

3 Tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon pepper


The Process

1.  In large pot of water boil potatoes and garlic until cooked through, about 25 minutes.

2.  Drain potatoes and garlic and put in medium sized bowl.

3.  Begin to mash potatoes and garlic and then add butter.  Wait for butter to melt and add salt, pepper, ricotta, and milk.  Continue to mash up until smooth then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment