Serves 2 (filling portions)
6 medium portobello mushrooms
1/2 lb Ground Beef
2 tsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
dash of cayenne
6 small slices sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 cherry tomatoes (I used yellow ones), sliced in half
6 basil leaves
1/4 of an onion, sliced into rings
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove the stems from your mushrooms and scrap out the gills and put them in a medium bowl.
3. In the same bowl add the beef, Worcestershire, Parmesan, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix together until everything is combined.
4. Stuff the mushrooms with the beef mixture. Place each mushroom in a baking dish, and place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
5. In the mean time heat a skillet up over medium high heat and add olive oil. When hot add onions and fry on each side until they start to look brown and charred, about 5 minutes each side.
6. When 10 minutes are up on the burgers take them out and pile sauteed onions on each burger and top each one with a piece of cheese. Put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
7. While burgers are cooking add more olive oil to the same hot skillet and put all your tomatoes halves cut face down. Sautee for about 6 minutes, remove from heat and add a splash of balsamic vinegar in the pan so that it somewhat glazed the tomatoes.
8. When burgers are done remove from oven and top with fresh basil and tomatoes. This is when I also drizzled a little more balsamic vinegar over the tops of each one. And eat!