Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Faux Chicken Pho

This is the types of thing that I make when I have almost no food in my entire house (kitchen).  I've been holding out on buying food because I have to save money so I am  refusing to go the grocery store...which is obviously a losing battle because people have to eat.  So this no spending money kick must end, but until then I have resorted to my faux pho.  This is my recipe and its damn healthy.

Serves 2

The Ingredients
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups mushrooms (I used a variety)
4 oz chicken (breast or tenders), poached (boil about 6 minutes) and cubed
1 cup rice noodles, cooked (follow package directions)
1 cup broccoli, steamed
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated

The Process
1.  In soup pot bring to boil broth garlic and ginger, then reduce to simmer.

2.  Add mushrooms, chicken, broccoli, fish sauce, Sriracha, soy sauce, let heat for about 2 minutes.

3.  Take soup off heat and add rice noodles last, stir and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment