Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

Late night baking? Apparently I'm good at it.  So as I have mentioned no I don't like to bake and I'm not fantastic at it (ie milk dud cookies)....BUT this bread turned out really well.  It was inspired by very ripe bananas and a need to distract myself from homework.  This is a pretty healthy recipe considering the other ones I was looking at.  I found a simple recipe (that I adapted) that did the job, so here it is, also I will mention it is not a super sweet banana bread...but that is personally how I like it anyways.

2 loaves
Adapted from Food Network Recipe


The Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 very ripe bananas, smashed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon

The Process
1.  Preheat oven to 350, and grease two 9x5 bread pans

2.  Mix together in medium bowl: salt, baking powder, baking soda, and whole wheat flour

3.  In large bowl cream together sugar and eggs

4.  In a separate medium bowl add smashed bananas, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix well.

5.  Add banana mixture to egg and sugar mixture, mix well.

6.  Slowly add (in 4ths) the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring very well.

7.  Put equal amounts in each bread pan and bake for about an hour or until done

No comments:

Post a Comment