Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Petite Sirloin Steak

Have I been slacking on my blog? yes. Why? Because school is running my life.  Have I been eating and cooking lots of great food? yes.  This post is dedicated to my "I gotta eat way more protein" motto I'm living by right now.  So here is something simple but delicious that I made a couple weeks ago for my dear friend Elisa.  When it comes to steak rarely do I actually follow a recipe, because what I know is that I like it rare....really rare...and who can't figure out marinades? Anyways this is by yours truly.

Serves 2

The Ingredients
Two (about 7oz) petite sirloin steaks
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons steak sauce (any)
olive oil

The Process
1.  In a large ziploc bag mix Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper, steak sauce, and add steak to marinate for at least 1 hour.

2.  When done marinating, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.

3.  Cook steaks about 4 minutes each side and yes this makes them very rare.

These steaks were accompanied by some really good red quinoa and slightly sauteed collard greens, great combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment