Monday, March 9, 2015

Golden Chicken Thighs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce

I can't believe it has been so long since I've blogged!  My business all started with a last minute work trip to Dallas, TX for 6 days, yes during the ice/snow storm.  It was my first conference that I assisted my company with and while it was crazy it turned out to be lots of fun too.  I ate very well, ranging from potato chip crusted pork schnitzel at the Omni to super fresh ceviche at Meso Maya.  Dallas is an odd town, there didn't seem to be many people out in the city even when it was nice out, not even very many cars, so when we went out to explore Dallas on our last night we found that we were some of the only people at the bar.  After I got home from Dallas, TX my boyfriend and I took at trip to Ocean Park, WA with some friends for the weekend.  I went razor clamming for the first time and learned how to clean them properly (pictured below).  It was a beautiful weekend full of lots of seafood, sunshine, and Settlers of Catan.  Then last week was my boyfriend's birthday so we went out to Clyde Common to celebrate and take advantage of Portland Dining Month.  This was the menu:

First course:
Beet trio featuring beet soup with smoked horseradish crème fraîche; poached beet, olive oil cake, chèvre and mint; and fried beet with honey-jalapeño glaze

Second course:
Crispy soft-boiled egg, citrus vinaigrette, chorizo and greens

Third course:
Trout, rice, shrimp étouffée
-OR-
Pork loin with mustard-braised onions and garlic spätzle
-OR-
Crispy risotto cake with mushrooms and root vegetable ragout

The food was delicious and worth every dollar, I had the crispy risotto cake and my boyfriend got the pork loin which they changed to pork belly, we shared these and were very happy.  Onto the recipe, I adapted this recipe last Thursday and paired it with roasted broccoli.  Enjoy!

Serves 2

The Ingredients
4 chicken thighs
1/4 cup almond flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 large clove garlic, chopped
3/4 cups white wine
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoons dry)
1/4 cup Asiago cheese (or other hard cheese like Parmesean)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup half n half


The Process
1.  In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil on medium high heat.

2.  Dredge chicken in seasoned almond flour and cook in butter/olive oil mixture until golden brown. About 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.

3.  Reduce heat to medium add mushrooms and garlic to pan. Saute for a few minutes until mushrooms are slightly limp.  Add white wine and thyme - scraping up all the bits in the bottom of the pan.

4.  Add chicken back to pan and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

5.  Remove chicken from pan and add cream, asiago, dijon and salt and pepper to taste.

6.  Add chicken back to pan to reheat and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment