Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beef Sirloin with Chimichurri

Oh man oh man, this was so so good.  I haven't ever made chimichurri sauce before but I know a lot of people like to make it with parsley too, so I should definitely try that sometime, but traditionally it is made with cilantro.  Now it has been a while since I have paid tribute to the oh so wonderful herb cilantro and yes I love it hence my blog name.  So for a little refresher is if you are cilantro hater read this article and give it a try again.  I bet you would like this sauce, just sayin:)  My lovely friend Serenity and I cooked this up last night while doing homework and well bitching about homework, that is the scariest speech of my academic career so far...  So we made food to heal our souls.

Serves 2 (though there is lots of left over sauce, which is a good thing for later use)

The Ingredients
1 large bunch of fresh cilantro
4 cloves garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black or white pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 thin sirloin steaks (about 6oz each, 1-2 inches thick)
Salt and Pepper

The Process
1.  In blender or food processor add cilantro, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, white/black pepper, cumin, honey, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.  Blend well and set aside.

2.  Turn stove to medium-high and put coconut oil in medium skillet.  While this is heating salt and pepper the sirloins.

3.  Put sirloins in skillet and cook for 1 minute each side (for rare) and then take off heat and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.

4.  Blend the chimichurri sauce a little more and then serve over sirloins, so easy and delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment