Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zucchini Chicken Nuggets

This is a recipe I saw a rough outline for and I have been wanting to try it for quite some time...but every time I wanted to make it I felt a little pathetic.  Pathetic in the sense of like...ok I have time to cook and I'm really just going to make chicken nuggets?!  But today was finally the day!  I figured out how I could really add to and make the nuggets of chicken gourmet and phatty, so I did!  I went over to Becca's home, first off to get help with my web portfolio for my professional academic career...but then I realized I don't need help I just need to eat dank foods...so, we cooked :)  She made some lovely roasted veggies and her hubby made some awesome mashed potatoes.

Serves 5

The Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
1 large zucchini, grated (small)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated (small)
3 cups crushed corn flakes
2 eggs
1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
Spray Oil

The Process
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray two cookie sheets with oil.

2.  In large bowl mix chicken, eggs, 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes, salt, pepper, parsley, cheese, paprika, zucchini, garlic salt, and onion powder.  Mix very well.

3.  Roll mixture into tablespoon size nuggets, and then take the other half of the crushed corn flakes (1 1/2 cups) put them on a plate and roll the chicken nuggets in corn flakes.  Place crusted chicken nuggets on cookie sheet and press slightly flat (so that they are about an inch thick).

4.  Put sheet of chicken nuggets in oven for 10 minutes, then take out and flip them and put them back in oven for 10 more minutes or until cooked through. (20 minutes all together).

The chicken meat was very lean and its mixed with zucchini mostly....IE healthy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment