Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hummingbird Cake

Yes you read that title right....once again I have attempted baking.  So this beach trip I mentioned in the previous post was also for my birthday, and while I usually love to make and eat pie more than anything else (in the baking world) I decided it was time for a challenge, especially after seeing this cake and how beautiful it was.  I also did not adapt this recipe at all because honestly that would be asking for a disaster/failure.  Here is the original recipe and please take the time to look at the link and see how well the cake is decorated pretty cake.

Serving 1 full cake

The Ingredients

The cake:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnomin
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup sweetened dried coconut, shredded
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup loosely packed dark brown sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, beaten
4 ounces fresh pineapple, finely chopped
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

The frosting:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon coconut extract
5 cups powdered sugar
16 ounces cream cheese, cold
fresh pineapple chopped

And now for the Process I am going to have you actually go to the original recipes site because I really want you all to see how beautiful the cake is! Birthdaygirlblog.
Here is my cake, its pretty but not half as impressive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment