Monday, April 13, 2015

Korean Beef and Mushrooms over a bed of Roasted Asparagus

This month I have a huge work project due by the 21st and I have been working on it non stop.  This week I will be working all weekend too, so if I don't cook and post you know why.  In other news my mother is now officially certified in Bowen technique and I was lucky enough to be the model for her test that was 1 1/2 days.  The work on my body felt so amazing but definitely exhausted me.  It is kind of like acupuncture where it relaxes you and releases lots of toxins from the body.  Last Thursday night when I adapted this recipe I was getting ready to go to my co-workers show at Mississippi Studios and they were great.  I have also come to realize that Mississippi Studios is one of my favorite PDX venues for concerts, it is little and intimate with a great atmosphere.  This dish was amazingly delicious and super easy to make, enjoy!

Serves 4

The Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tablespoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup slice mushrooms
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 teaspoons crushed red pepper, to desired spiciness
1 teaspoon ground pepper
6 green onions, diced
1 bunch of asparagus, roasted


The Process

1.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger and mushrooms with garlic in the sesame oil.

2.  Drain fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper and ground pepper.

3.  Simmer for a few minutes to blend flavors.

4.  Serve over roasted asparagus with green onions on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment