Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Petite Sirloin with Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette

Anyone watch the 3rd playoff game for the Blazers?! Such an amazing game and I am so happy that we didn't get swiped out of the playoffs!  I am nervous for tonight's game since we don't seem to play well when we are away, but I have faith we can still pull it off.  Go Blazers!  On Monday night I attended The Portland Kitchen cook-off and it was a blast! I met lots of new people including the new executive director.  And we had some well known food industry people there judging the students' dishes.  The judges came from Whole Foods, Aviary (one of my fav restaurants), and Raven & Rose.  Below are some fun pictures from the event.  In other food news I am really excited to start watching this new series on Netflix called Chef's Table, it is from the same director who did Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  This week I also celebrated my 1 year anniversary of working for Resource Recycling and I couldn't have done it without all my amazing co-workers, and it sure is fun having a green job!  Onto this adapted recipe, it is so delicious and perfectly sweet from the fresh tomatoes, enjoy!

Serves 2

The Ingredients

2 6-oz petite sirloin steaks
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon (or more) red wine vinegar
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives


The Process
1.  Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.

2.  Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to release juices, 4-6 minutes. Mash some of tomatoes with a spoon.

3.  Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature; add chives just before serving.

4.  Salt and pepper the steaks.  Then pan sear the steaks in some olive oil over medium high heat.  Sear 3-4 minutes each side for a rare steak.  

5.  Let steak rest 5 mintues and then serve with tomato vinaigrette over the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment