Friday, May 7, 2010

Defeated

So last night I attempted to make risotto with brown rice... I do realize it is best to use actual risotto or a starchy rice but I thought hey let me try to make a semi-healthy risotto.  After an hour and 15 minutes of stirring I decided that I would eat some crunchy cheesy brown rice.  So not only did the risotto defeat me but I tried a new recipe for a "Greek-Style" roast chicken.  There was quite a process involved not to mention the long hours of waiting while the chicken slowly cooks away in the oven and it was flavorless.  I tasted a slight hint of citrus but when I rubbed the chicken down with eight plus spices I thought for sure flavor was on my side.  Anyways I just needed to share because I am cooking away with my little extra free time in between semesters but this time I was indeed 100% defeated.  The color label indicates my embarrassment...just sayin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment