Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Peanut Sauce

So in a search for a peanut sauce that was spicy enough and healthy enough I came upon this recipe.  Of course I changed it a little, as I always do with ever recipe I cook and with this one the spice is definitely more pronounced in my version:)  So here it is:

Serves 4
Adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup water
6 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons hot paprika
3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce

The Process
1.  In a medium bowl mix peanut butter, water, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hot paprika, and Sriracha sauce.  Mix well with a whisk until smooth and creamy, no lumps.

Nutritional information with 2 chicken skewers and 1/4 cup sauce:
Calories 424, Fat 15.5g, Sat. Fat 3.2g, Protein 47.2, Carbo 23.7g, Fiber 2.7g

So as we can see this is not the lowest fat dish ever!....but think about how fattening this dish is at restaurants....that is where you now know you can feel good about eating this dish:)
Dedicated to my friend Jim! he loves this stuff!

 Picture from: http://kitchenscoop.com/recipes/thai-style-peanut-sauce/

No comments:

Post a Comment