Serves 4 (large portions)
1 pound asparagus, cooked however you prefer (I steamed mine)
2 crowns broccoli, cooked however you prefer
4 green onions, white and light green parts separated and finely sliced
4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 - 2/3 cup olive oil
20 capers, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 cup italian parsley, chopped
1 cloves garlic, pressed
Salt and Pepper
1. In a small bowl, pinch together 1/4 teaspoon salt with the white part of the sliced green onions. Once the green onions begins to release some juice, stir in the red wine vinegar and set aside.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the hard boiled eggs. Place one egg yolk in a medium bowl. Chop the other egg yolk and egg whites separately, and keep both aside for later.
3. Mix the Dijon mustard into whole egg yolk until smooth. Using the back of a fork, beat in the olive oil in a thin, steady stream. Once emulsified, stir in the vinegar and white green onions.
4. Add the reserved egg whites to the sauce, along with the capers, the chili flakes, garlic, and most of the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
5. To serve, arrange the cooked asparagus and broccoli on a plate. Spoon over the sauce, then garnish with the chopped egg yolk, reserved parsley and green onion tops.