Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Macaroni & Cheese

oh my god! This recipe is absolute insanity in flavor!  It is one of THE BEST macaroni & cheeses I have EVER tasted, so much so that yes, today marks my third day in a row of eating it willingly and lovingly.  I made this for Halloween dinner because I wanted to be festive without going out, I couldn't go out due to the fact that I now work at 7:30am on Mondays and Tuesdays, and to say the least I am NOT a morning person.  Plus I was fine with staying in because I had enough Halloween parties during this last weekend to keep me covered.  I attended these parties as "hot chick with steve buscemi eyes"...if you haven't seen this internet trend you need to look now.  And here is my lovely picture being this exact thing: ------------------------------------------------->
Halloween night I also watched the scary movie Quarantine, if you have not seen this movie and you like scary movies about viruses you need to watch it.  As for the recipe I adapted it from the blog Blissfully Delicious and by adapted I did quite a few things different especially in the cooking process.  As for the rest of life I am still trying to balance out my options and I am still feverishly applying for Librarian jobs, cause I am so ready to start my wonderful career!

Serves 5

The Ingredients
1/2 pound elbow macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
4 tablespoons salted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
6 ounces evaporated milk
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 ounces medium cheddar cheese, grated
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese, granulated
Spray oil

The Process
1.  Once noodles are cooked al dente and drained return them to the large pot (keep off heat) and melt in the butter and toss well.

2.  In the mean time in a small bowl whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.  Then pour and stir into noodles.

3.  Turn oven onto broil.

4.  Return large pot of noodle mixture to stove and heat over low heat stir in extra sharp cheddar and medium cheddar cheese.  Stir for about 3 minutes or until the macaroni and cheese mixture is smooth and creamy.

5.  Then add pumpkin and mix thoroughly.  Next spray a 9 x 9 glass baking dish with spray oil.  Pour pumpkin mac & cheese mixture into baking dish and smooth out the top.

6.  Then generously sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top and put in preheated oven until slight brown on top, about 3 minutes but make sure to watch it as to not burn it.  When it is done take it out of the oven and let set for about 3 more minutes so that it can thicken and become even creamier!

EAT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment