Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Carrot and Feta Salad


This is the first recipe I have actually been able to make this week, things have been chaotic with me being out of town last weekend and the holiday time approaching.  I have found so many awesome recipes for Thanksgiving but once again I was shot down and I am not allowed to cook anything.  I am given "assignments" which entails, "we are eating this, now you make it"...and honestly I don't respond well to demands of that sort.  Being in charge of a dish in my book means you have the full right to be creative and make what you want, but apparently that isn't how it goes until "the dinner is under my own roof."  So once again this year I have refused an assignment and will force an appetizer of my own choice. 

Serves 3

The Ingredients
2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 cup feta, crumbled

The Process
1.  In medium sauce pan add water, carrots, honey, and mustard.  Bring to a boil and then let simmer (high simmer) for about 20 minutes.

2.  In the mean time toast the walnuts and crumble the feta.

3.  Take carrots out of pan with a slotted spoon, and put in a salad bowl.  Then spoon several spoonfuls of leftover simmering liquid over the carrots.  Then add cheese and nuts and mix well and serve warm.




Happy Thanksgiving!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment