Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dill-Yogurt Green Beans

Of course I forgot to take a picture so I will use the picture from the original recipe, and I actually mixed it all together so upon each serving there wasn't just a dollop of yogurt mixture on the green beans.  Anyways I made this veggies dish to go with the Greek mac n' cheese I made, both had a nice Greek theme.  I love recipes like this because I am always looking for a new way to eat veggies and this recipe has such simple and wonderful flavors.  It is adapted from The Perfect Pantry which is also where I got the photo. Enjoy!

Serves 4 (as side dish)

The Ingredients
1 pound green beans, steamed and trimmed (or you can use two cans)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

The Process
1.  While steaming green beans, in a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together.

2.  When green beans are done steaming rinse in cold water and let cool for about 5 minutes.

3.  In medium bowl mix together yogurt mixture and green beans and serve.

Simplicity can be so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment