Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pork Fried Rice

So Sunday night I went to my little bros first show with his new band and they were amazing, they are the wild ones and my brother plays the keyboard though he is piano trained.  It was at the venue the woods and here are future shows that I'm sure are great too (flier below).  Anyways I made this dish while trying to use up ingredients and to make my lunches for the work week.  So because I was using up ingredients I would consider this a pretty simple version of pork fried rice.  And its made by yours truly...not that fried rice is hard, but still.


Serves 3

The Ingredients
1 5-ounce lean pork chop, cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili oil
2 1/2 cups cooked brown jasmine rice
2 cups collard greens, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, crushed (jar)
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic chili paste
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

The Process
1.  In large skillet heat up olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and pork.  Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, then add collard greens and cook for 1 more minute.

2.  Then add rice and chili and sesame oil and turn heat up to medium high heat to help fry rice.

3.  Add eggs and ginger, fry for 2 minutes.

4.  Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, black pepper, and garlic chili paste, stir and keep frying.

5.  Cook for about 7 more minutes or until the eggs are cooked and rice is getting crispy and fried.

Can add more soy sauce or hot sauce in the end just depends on how salty and hot you want your fried rice to be.  A lot of the flavor comes from the sesame and chili oil so don't leave them out.  And if I were making a full on stir fry I would definitely add green onions, mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts and probably fish sauce. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment