Thursday, March 10, 2011

Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini

That's right another roasted item.  It is nice to move off the stove top and into the oven sometimes, and when summer comes around out of the house and onto a grill! Spring fever is hitting me hard, I'm so ready for short skirts, grilled steaks, and cold sangria!  This recipe also follows my simple yet lovely theme I started last post.  I finally went to the store and stocked up on groceries which has led to pure happiness because I actually have food to cook and then eat!!!  Anyways I also had the leftovers the next day for lunch and I put about 1/4 cup toasted and salted pepita seeds over the top of it and to say the least I would DEFINITELY recommend it.  This meal got me through the end of a rather brain taxing assignment of answering 20 reference questions for my academic library reference and research class.  And by taxing I mean spending 2 1/2 hours researching one question and then giving up, I never did find the answer but I think now I have to take it on as a personal goal and find the damn answer!  On to the meal:

Serves 2

The Ingredients
15 small fingering potatoes, cut in thirds
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large zucchini, sliced and halved
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup pepita seeds roasted and salted (optional)

The Process
1.  Heat oven to 375 degrees.

2.  In bowl add potatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt, pepper.  Mix well and put on cookie sheet save the juices.  Put in oven for 10 minutes.

3.  While potatoes are roasting put zucchini in leftover juices (oil, vinegar, garlic, spices) and stir well.

4.  After 10 minutes take potatoes out, stir them up, and add zucchini to sheet.

5.  Put back in oven for 5 minutes more, or until potatoes are golden brown, and zucchini is al dente.

6.  Optional: Garnish with pepita seeds.

Super good the next day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment