Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Roasted Broccolini

So this picture is definitely not my own and because I forgot to take a picture of such a lovely and simple side dish I am asking you to image my roasted broccolini looking like this but instead of pecans I used red onions.....so just squint and pretend, it works.  So this was part of a feast I made with my lovely friend Mike who I have known FOREVER, which is awesome but we don't get to see each other enough...anyways now when we do see each other we get down and to the point with eating (ie red meat, and some sort of green).  We don't even want or need carbohydrates involved, one because they get in the way, and two because we like to buy copious amounts of meat (this time london broil) so honestly carbohydrates become obsolete.  And might I add how creepy this little chubby baby-like hand looks that is grabbing at the broccolini?!  I will assure you there was none of that involved in my simple and happy roasting of broccolini.  Might I also add this is a recipe I use for many green veggies that I roast so please explore the possibilities.  By yours truly.

Serves 2

The Ingredients
1 bunch broccolini, trim off bottoms slightly
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard or dijon
2 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar, or red wine or apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 large red onion, roughly chopped

The Process
1.  Mix in small bowl mustard, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2.  In large bowl mix broccolini and onion, then add liquid mixture and toss until all vegetables are thoroughly coated.

3.  Put vegetables on flat cookie sheet, put in oven, roast about 10 minutes or until vegetables start to slightly wilt and brown.

EAT!  So the point to this post was to provide simplicity.  Everyone is always making these over zealous and complicated meals that do take a lot of "skill".... so I wanted to provide one of my easy, simple, yet wonderful tasting side dishes for a slightly fancy but easy dinner.

Werido photo:
http://www.epicurious.com/images/recipesmenus/2008/2008_december/350812.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment