Tuesday, March 30, 2010

London Broil withh Soy Citrus Mayonnaise

Part of another lovely sibling dinner.  So every other Wednesday I have dinner with my older and younger brothers.  It is pretty much wonderful...it started out with us trying out various Pho restaurants and in general it is focused around us eating at restaurants.  This night was different.  As I said before it is beef week and who better to eat my beef and judge it but my brothers.  They are the perfect judges because they also grew up on my father's amazing meats.  Amazing meats includes everything from marination, cooking, grilling, resting, cutting...EVERYTHING; so they know what good beef is.  I will start this with I got props for the meat!

Serves 3, full to the brim
From Gourmet Today (the new cookbook)
In the oven, not on the stove top like the original recipe says




The Ingredients
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 pounds top round beef
1 cup smart balance mayonaisse


The Process
1.  Mix together the soy sauce, dry red wine, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, green onions, garlic, black pepper, cayenne.


2.  But beef into the mixture above and marinate at least 2 hours.

3.  Heat oven to broil.  Take beef out of marination and put in baking pan (greased).

4.  Broil each side about 6 minutes. (This is for a 1 inch thick top round).

5.  In the mean time bring the leftover marinade to a boil and boil for 1 minute.

6.  Mix one cup of mayonnaise and about one cup of marinade to create cream sauce for top of steak.

7.  When steak is done take out and let rest for 5 minutes and then cut against the grain and serve with sauce.

This was sooooo good. I also made a quinoa bake to go with it and I didn't like it, too much adobo flavor so I will not put it up.

Picture from: http://www.rockymtncuts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=46

1 comment:

  1. I love that your recipes are low in fat and high in protein. My sister is borderline diabetic so I am always looking for healthy ways to cook for her. I would also recommend trying grass fed Black Angus beef when cooking your london broil steak. It is absolutely delicious and a healthier option. I work with La Cense Beef and because our beef is 100% grass fed it is higher in omega 3 acids and lower in calorie and fat as opposed to traditional grain fed beef. Try grass fed Black Angus Beef and you will be able to taste an even bigger difference!

    ReplyDelete