Serves 3, full to the brim
From Gourmet Today (the new cookbook)
In the oven, not on the stove top like the original recipe says
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 pounds top round beef
1 cup smart balance mayonaisse
1. Mix together the soy sauce, dry red wine, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, green onions, garlic, black pepper, cayenne.
2. But beef into the mixture above and marinate at least 2 hours.
3. Heat oven to broil. Take beef out of marination and put in baking pan (greased).
4. Broil each side about 6 minutes. (This is for a 1 inch thick top round).
5. In the mean time bring the leftover marinade to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
6. Mix one cup of mayonnaise and about one cup of marinade to create cream sauce for top of steak.
7. When steak is done take out and let rest for 5 minutes and then cut against the grain and serve with sauce.
This was sooooo good. I also made a quinoa bake to go with it and I didn't like it, too much adobo flavor so I will not put it up.
Picture from: http://www.rockymtncuts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=46