Monday, March 8, 2010

Prosciutto Goat Cheese Sandwich

This sandwich was inspired by another that I saw on the internet, but I changed it for the meat lovers.  Also I do realize this is a little ridiculous to post a sandwich recipe when sandwiches are sooo easy to make, but I feel the amazingness needs to be shared.  On saturday I decided to go on a very sunny hike with some friends and of course this worked up an appetite.  We decided to go back to my house and have a picnic in the lawn and I knew it was the perfect time to make the sandwiches...which were a huge success and welcomed with open mouths.  Once again since this is my recipe so no photo is available sorry.

Serves 3

Ingredients
1 multi-grain baguette
1 3-ounce package of goat cheese with herbs
1 4-ounce package of prosciutto
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
Pepper

The Process
1.  Cut the baguette into 3 equal parts, and then slice each part in half (like a sandwich).  Then put in toaster and toast till slightly crisp, but still soft when squeezed.

2.  Take baguettes out of toaster and smear each side generously with goat cheese

3.  Sprinkle a little pepper and salt (optional) on the cheese.

4.  Cut the artichoke hearts into small bite size pieces and place on one side of the sandwich.

5. Add prosciutto 1-2 slices per sandwich.

6. Take the basil and tear up about 3 leaves per sandwich and place on sandwich.

7.  Assemble by putting the sandwich halves together and bam sandwich heaven!

Picture from: http://www.bolognacookingschool.com/Dishes_and_Specialities/Prosciutto.php

3 comments:

  1. I love that you posted a sandwich recipe. I've done it a few times myself. Sometimes people just need sandwich inspiration!

    PS: This sounds like a sandwich I would never want to stop eating. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing. I'm at work and starving, reading this only makes my stomach grumble louder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this sammich so much i wanted to eat the whole baguette. plus add this sammich to a warm sunny day on a blanket in the front yard with friends and music and you have everything you could need in a day. thanks for sharing friend.
    -elisa

    ReplyDelete